About NSWOCC/JWOCN Connection
January 2011 marked the beginning of a unique and exciting affiliation agreement between Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy and Continence Canada (NSWOCC) and the Journal of Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing Society (JWOCN). Karen Bruton, RN, BScN, WOCC(C) then NSWOCC President and Phyllis Bonham, PhD, MSN, RN, CWOCN, DPNAP, FAAN then President of WOCN welcomed this affiliation by stating, “… we start this exciting journey to advance knowledge and scholarship to benefit the members of both the WOCN Society and NSWOCC.”
These benefits include:
- Annual subscription in hard copy to all 6 issues of the JWOCN
- Fixed JWOCN subscription pricing for NSWOCC members
- Publishing rights to the NSWOCC Feature Section of JWOCN
- Publishing opportunities in the NSWOCC Feature Section for NSWOCC members
- Manuscript publishing opportunities for NSWOCC members in an internationally renowned nursing research journal which is rated in the top 2 percent of refereed nursing journals indexed in MEDLINE and CINAHL and is accessed through OVID by over 48 countries
NSWOCC and WOCN have renewed this agreement. This will ensure continued NSWOCC membership benefits and serve to develop NSWOCC’s international presence as leaders in Nurses specialized in wound, ostomy and continence care by contributing to publications on evidence-based clinical practice, education, research and policy development.
Promote Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy and Continence Canada’s presence and membership as a published leader within the specialized wound, ostomy and continence nursing international community.
Monitoring the strategic and directional plans of the NSWOCC Feature Section to ensure alignment with the mission, vision and values of NSWOCC and JWOCN affiliation agreement:
- Submit 1-2 articles reflecting clinical practice, education, research or policy development for three publications of JWOCN within the timelines as indicated by the NSWOCC- JWOCN affiliation agreement.
Promoting regional contributions from NSWOCC membership and the NSWOCC Executive/Board of Directors for submission to JWOCN:
- Establish direct regional and national communications with membership, regional directors, core program leaders and NSWOCC Board for procuring submissions for publication.
- Establish indirect communications through The LINK and NSWOCC e-blasts promoting and eliciting membership contributions.
- Establish a NSWOCC-JWOCN Connection site on the NSWOCC website to serve as a resource for Editorial Board information, publishing information and for the submission of articles and manuscripts for JWOCN by NSWOCC members.
Determining Canadian content for an international nursing audience through JWOCN:
- Generate a ‘pool’ of articles to ensure timely submission to JWOCN.
- Establish guidelines for articles and manuscripts to facilitate submission by NSWOCC authors in accordance with the JWOCN manuscript guidelines.
- Establish criteria for the selection of articles and manuscripts to ensure a standard of quality appropriate for an international Nurse Specialized in Wound, Ostomy and Continence audience.
Evaluating the performance outcomes of the NSWOCC Feature Section annually:
- Review the NSWOCC Feature Section Editorial Board Goals and Objectives annually to determine accuracy, relevance and feasibility and to revise where required.
- Monitor the number of hours per week required to execute the role and functions of the NSWOCC Feature Section Editorial Board
- Participate in collaborative surveys with the NSWOCC Board of Directors and JWOCN to monitor the impact of the NSWOCC-JWOCN affiliation agreement for NSWOCC and WOCN membership.
- Review NSWOCC’s performance as a JWOCN affiliate with JWOCN Editor-in-Chief.
Terms of Reference: NSWOCC JWOCN Feature Section Editorial Board
The NSWOCC Feature Editor Board will serve to advise and facilitate the strategic direction and development of the NSWOCC Feature Section of the Journal of Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing (JWOCN) in accordance with the NSWOCC/JWOCN affiliation agreement.
The collective expertise of the Editorial Board will provide stewardship for:
- Monitoring the strategic and directional plans of the NSWOCC Feature Section to ensure alignment with the mission, vision and values of CAET and JWOCN affiliation agreement;
- Promoting regional contributions from NSWOCC membership and the NSWOCC Executive/Board of Directors for submission to JWOCN;
- Determining Canadian content for an international nursing audience through JWOCN;
- Evaluating the performance outcomes of the NSWOCC Feature Section annually.
The membership will consist of:
- NSWOCC Feature Editor
- One (1) NSWOCC member representing the Western, Central and Eastern regions of Canada
- Term 2 years. 2/3 of the membership will step down to encourage new NSWOCC membership and the editor plus one member will remain to maintain continuity.
- The NSWOCC Editorial Board will be accountable to the NSWOCC President and the NSWOCC Executive.
- The NSWOCC Feature Editor will represent and report the activities of the Editorial Board at NSWOCC Board Meetings and as requested by the President.
- The Feature Editor will submit a written report to the NSWOCC Annual and Mid-year Board Reports.
- Meeting Schedule: Monthly or as required at the call of the NSWOCC Editorial Board Chair.
NSWOCC Regional Editorial Board Members:
Canadian Feature Editor : Lina Martins, RN, BScN, MScN, WOCC(C), London ON
- Kim LeBlanc, RN, BScN, MN, WOCC(C) , B.C./Yukon
- Louise Forest- Lalande, BScN, MEd, NSWOC, Quebec/Atlantic
- Mary Hill, RN, BScN, MN, WOCC(C), Prairies/NWT
- Lina Martins, RN, BScN, MScN, WOCC(C), Ontario
|Deadline Date for Submission
||December 10, 2017
||February 5, 2018
||April 10, 2018
||June 11, 2018
||August 12, 2018