Industry Skin Wellness Associate (ISWA) Program
What is the ISWA Program?
Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy and Continence Canada’s (NSWOCC) Wound, Ostomy and Continence (WOC) Institute, developed the Industry Skin Wellness Associate (ISWA) Program in response to the growing desire for industry partners to enhance their knowledge, build confidence, and become better able to communicate with health care professionals working in the areas of wound, ostomy and continence. NSWOCC and the WOC-Institute developed the paced online ISWA education program as a means to empower industry partners to become a better resource in supporting clinicians, ultimately improving clinical outcomes. The ISWA program prepares industry partners to have an enriched understanding of wound, ostomy and continence issues.
The goal of the ISWA Program is to educate and prepare industry partners to work collaboratively and be a more effective resource for healthcare professionals. Graduates will have an enhanced ability to position their product portfolios from a clinical practice lens and to provide optimal support for nurses caring for those with wound, ostomy and continence issues.
Industry plays a key role in today’s healthcare system. Develop your wound, ostomy and continence skills to help the NSWOC™ team put the patient first.
- Two cohorts per year starting in March and October, respectively.
- Courses are four (4) months long.
- All course material is completed online.
- Collaboration with Healthcare Professionals
- Continence Care
Education Program Resources
Ready to Apply?
Prior to starting your application please refer to the admission requirements
Questions or Concerns:
Wound, Ostomy & Continence Institute
414-35, Allée de Hambourg, Gatineau, Quebec J9J 4J6
Office: Toll free at 1-877-614-1262
WOC Student Associate Registration
Course Admin Fee
- May be paid online, and payment by installments can be arranged
NSWOCC WOC Student Associate Membership:
- $146.00 Membership Registration
- ISWA Students are required to be WOC Student Associate Members which costs $100.00 and to purchase the Journal of Wound Ostomy and Continence which costs $46.00. The NSWOCC Membership includes access to the CINAHL Library for literature searches. Membership must be kept up to date for the duration of the program. This can be purchased during the program application and acceptance process. For information on membership please go to https://nswoc.ca/become-a-member/
Course Admin Fee:
NOTICE: The ISWA Program uses the new Core Curriculum Texts produced by the Wound Ostomy Continence Nurses Society. If you have questions please contact the Wound, Ostomy & Continence Institute Chair: Dr. Kimberly LeBlanc at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society™ Core Curriculum: Ostomy Management, 1st edition
WOLTERS KLUWER LWW LIPPINCOTT
Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society™ Core Curriculum: Wound Management, 1st edition
WOLTERS KLUWER LWW LIPPINCOTT
Wound, Ostomy & Continence Institute students are able to purchase these books directly from the publisher at a discount. Students are encouraged to purchase their books early, to ensure that they have them at the opening of the course. Students are may go directly to Login Canada and purchase their textbooks at a discount. Please go to lb.ca/wocinstitute
All continence readings will be provided by the WOC Institute