NSWOCC Membership Benefits
Run by members – for the members
There has never been a more exciting time to be involved with the NSWOCC. By joining NSWOCC, you remain a part of a nationwide network of Nurses who have Specialized in Wound, Ostomy and Continence who promote the highest standards of patient care in the areas of wound, ostomy and continence. NSWOCs are right across the the continuum of care from acute to community:
- Home Care
- Long-term Care
- Patient Clinics
The NSWOCC is embracing new ways of thinking, pursuit of new knowledge, and visionary leadership. The future looks exciting. We want and need all members to be actively involved in defining the future of NSWOCC.
Become an NSWOCC Member today!
I look to NSWOCC for…
Communication & Publications
Important Electronic Communication
- Subscription to the NSWOCC National Office mailing list for regular updates and important news, upcoming events, and more!
The NSWOC Advance
- Subscription to 3 issues of the NSWOC Advance online: the official publication of NSWOCC, which contains some peer-reviewed articles
- Opportunity to publish clinical cases, articles, and/or research
- Heavily discounted subscription to the peer-reviewed JWOCN
- Opportunity to publish in the Canadian feature section
- Exclusive Members-Only Area on the nswoc.ca site
- Nation-wide discussion, networking and idea sharing via an exclusive online Discussion Forum
CONTINUING EDUCATION & RESEARCH
- Complimentary, members-only access to English & French Webinars
- Access to Education Days & Conferences
- Free access to CNA Certification Prep Course for WOCC(C) exam
- NSWOC Mentorship Program
- Access to best practice recommendations in wound, ostomy, and continence
- Opportunity to participate in research projects to improve
NSWOCC NATIONAL NETWORKING
- Access to national network of Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy and Continence through our members-only directory & database: you have full access to change and update your own contact information instantly. By-laws, Terms of Reference, and Standards of NSWOC Practice are included.
- Local access to regional NSWOC groups for information and support allow you to develop networks on a more regional or provincial level
DISCOUNTS AND SAVINGS
- a Member discount program that provides access to exclusive discounts of up to 25% on a number of products and services across Canada.
Save Money on Lab Coats
- 10% discount on the retail price of lab coats
CNA Certification Exam Discount of up to 20%
- Discounted members’ rates for NSWOCC annual National Conference & certain non-NSWOCC conferences
MEMBER INVOLVEMENT & LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
Annual Members Meeting & Board Meetings
- All paid members have the right to attend the Annual Members Meeting (AMM) as a voting member. This gives you the opportunity to influence the future of NSWOCC and the NSWOC profession.
Core Programs; an opportunity to build leadership skills
- Opportunity to lead or to participate in NSWOCC Core Programs. Through your member involvement, you have the ability to shape the future of the NSWOCC.
Leadership Development as a Regional Director
- Eligible NSWOCC members have the ability to run for one of the 5 Regional Director positions: 1) British Columbia & Yukon, 2) Prairies, NWT, & Nunavut, 3) Ontario, 4) Quebec, and 5) Atlantic.
Executive Board Senior Leadership Experience
- Eligible NSWOCC members have the ability to run for an Executive Board position: there is a formal & diplomatic nomination process to become an Executive Board Member.
- Access to International Skin Tear Advisory Panel (ISTAP) information
- Partnership with the World Council for Enterostomal Therapy (WCET)
- Exposure to global Best Practice Recommendations in wound, ostomy, and continence