- President: Dr. Christine Murphy
- President-Elect: Nevart Hotakorzian
- Treasurer: Anne-Marie Blais
- Secretary: Laureen Sommerey
- Executive Director & Officer: Catherine Harley
NSWOCC Regional Directors
Nurses Specialized in Wound, Ostomy and Continence Canada is a national organization which is set up in five regions to strengthen communication. Each Region is led by a Regional Director which is an elected Nurse Specialized in Wound, Ostomy and Continence (Member of NSWOCC) and there are two regional meetings held per year which all NSWOCC members can attend. The NSWOCC Regional Directors are NSWOCC Board Members and they report to the NSWOCC Executive Board. The Regional breakdown and Regional Directors are as follows:
- British Columbia/Yukon: Misty Stephens
- Prairies/Northwest Territories: Jodi Quinlan
- Ontario: Rose Raizman
- Quebec: Valerie Chaplain
- Atlantic: Marcia Leard
Please contact the Regional Director responsible for the province that you reside in if you would like to get involved with the NSWOCC.
- National Conference Planning Committee: Mary Hill
- Community Engagement: Open Position
- Professional Development: Laura Robbs
- Research and Practice: Dr. Kevin Woo and Nancy Parslow
- Marketing: Britney Butt
- Indigenous Wound, Ostomy and Continence Health : Bev Smith
- Publications: Lina Martins
Leader: Position Open
The candidate will provide the necessary resources, supporting documentation and strategies to respond to internal and external influences that impact the association. This may require advocating for NSWOCC related issues at a local, regional and national level. Please contact Kimberley with any ideas that you may have in the promotion of Public Relations for our members.
Core Program Leader: Laura Robbs, RN, MN, WOCC(C), Nurse Continence Advisor
Laura will lead this Core Program developing professional growth opportunities to facilitate the provision, maintenance and recording of knowledge, and clinical skills related to the scope of ET professional practice. She will also be involved with the design and implementation of the new NSWOCC website. There will be opportunities for NSWOCC members to get involved in this Core Program by contacting Laura about future opportunities.
Research and Practice:
Co-Chairs: Dr. Kevin Woo, PhD, RN, FAPWCA,WOCC(C) and Nancy Parslow, MClSc(WH), RN, WOCC(C)
Overseen by Catherine Harley (Executive Director & CEO) and Troy Curtis (Membership and Communications Manager)
Catherine and Troy will be implementing and developing unique strategies to market the NSWOC in the Canadian healthcare system including through the Power of 3 Marketing Campaign. This team will be promoting the Marketing Package and finding innovative ways of getting it out to policy makers. Healthcare costs are sky-rocketing so it is essential we highlight the cost outcomes study showing the cost effectiveness of an NSWOC. If you have an interest in marketing please contact Cathy Harley.
- Wound, Ostomy and Continence Institute Chair: Kim LeBlanc, PhD, RN, WOCC(C)
- NSWOC Advance Managing Editor: Deborah McNamara
- JWOCN Canadian Feature Editor: Lina Martins, RN, BScN, MScN, WOCC(C)
- Bylaws Chair: Vivian Wass, RN, BScN, ET
- Nominating Committee Chair: Jillian Brooke, RN, BScN, MClSc(WH), WOCC(C)